Saturday 6 February 2016

How to get a teaching job in Nigeria

Wow wow wow
I am spicy as samba today because each time I have to share an idea with you I am so excited doing it.
Last time I told you of what to do to get qualified for a teaching position.

Now let's talk about finding a teaching job.
When looking for a job you don't really have to wait for an advert to be placed first, you can go to advertise yourself.

When looking for a job here is what to do.

First, case the environment you would like to work to see available schools, their address and their names.
Then write an application letter with an updated resume and submit to the school in person.
Be bold enough when you go and you can start by briefly stating why you are there with the reception because from the gate you should be allowed entrance into the school compound if you are to see the reception.

You can also check out the papers but most likely Tuesday guardian. There are also sites to check out  for vacancies in Nigeria depending on the city where you live. Just type the question on Google search.

For me when I am looking for a job I take the bull by the horn and go to submit résumé without the school advertising first. And when I get there I always start by greeting and then say( am sorry to bother you but I came to see if there could be any vacancy for a teacher, am here with my c.v) and most times I get the green light.

You would get better chances if you go during the third term holiday since its in preparation for first term. Plus

A Montessori certificate will give you a better advantage but that not withstanding your boldness is one Paramount thing that gives you the edge.

Now how should your résumé look like and
What should you expect in such interview
How are you expected to appear
All these are things that count if you have to get the job and you know what?

I would be here as always to share that idea with you. Just keep sticking around

.....LoVe..... Unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment